CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Locked in! :)

Let's not beat around the house plants here and get to the point:
I'm rededicating my life to Christ.
I suppose this is something that I've already done, having gotten off "the wrong path" and reconnected with God; but the other night while I was in the shower, I was thinking (some of my best thinking is done in the bathroom) and I know it this is something I want to be serious about. I want to live my life for Christ. I want to do it right. I want to live the way God made me to live. I'm not saying I haven't been striving for that before. I'm saying that I'm fo reals, fo serious about the changes in my life and how I will do things differently in my future then I've done them in the past.
This thinking led me to make a decision I've been sitting on for awhile - becoming a member of the church.
I had talked with the Pastor about it once before and mentioned it again yesterday after service. He said that anytime there's an invite (which is at the closing prayer) then I can go on up. When I went back for evening service I told him that I'd decided I want to become a member. So at closing prayer, Pastors wife came to collect me (I had asked that she walk with me, as I was given the option). We had a little prayer and at the end, Pastor announced my joining and welcomed me to the church!
I'm really excited about it! I've never been a member of a church before. I'm excited because I now have to option to work with the younger kids - I can get more involved. I am excited because I think it will help keep my actions and attitude in check. Being a Christian and representing God should be enough for that, but now I've got that extra bit to nudge me if I feel myself going astray. I've got an official 'church family'. I counted them before but now it's O-fficial! :D Yay!

On a closing note, I just want to say how awesome Laura is. She's pretty amazing. I know this isn't on the topic of my life changes - but in a way it is, because she has been so accommodating with all that's going on in my life. And I greatly appreciate it. Thank you Laura!! :)

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm very happy for you in your new decision to join your church. Which church is it you are a member of now? It's always good to have a group of people that you know supports you in your way of life. Go Pok.8chop! :)