CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Vacation in Happiness (TN)

I am in the best place ever. I knew I loved the south but I forgot how much I loved it. It is amazing. I love the thunder storms, the humidity, the neighborly kindness, the fireflies, the normalcy of going to church. I love the the crickets, the warm rains, and of course,the food! I only get so many days here this trip and I want to re-experience all I can. I want to go to the creek (what northerners would call a lake, I suppose). I want to eat okra and bbq pork done the right way. Mmmm. And I want to sit on the porch in the warm air while the pitter-patter of rain surrounds me. The smell of rain and honeysuckle filling my nostrils. OH! I wish you could all experience it the way I do. I wish you could all feel the calm and complete contentness I feel when I'm here. It's wonderful. It's better than the perfect vacation I'd created in my mind. It is magnificent. And I am blessed to be here!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I miss the thunderstorms and fireflies and the creek. It brings back some of the happier memories from childhood. I feel like I wouldn't "fit in" in TN these days but I think you do. In the picture in my mind, you + TN = happiness. :) I'm glad you got to visit and experience that.