CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Something a little special! ;)

I love dancing. I can't say I am good at it, but I love doing it. Sometimes when I am listening to my ipod on the bus or walking to/from the bus stop, it takes everything in me not to start bustin' a move for the world to see. Dancing makes me feel better. Often times when I am feeling down, I just need to pump up the music and and do a little groovin' to perk myself up. I just love music cause it makes me dance. And I love dancing!
I turn my music player on and up whenever I can. I especially love to have it going while I'm getting ready for things. I like to have it on in the mornings while I get ready for work, and I like to have it on at night while I shower and get ready for bed.
This weeks feature is a 90's mix. It really gets me going. Tonight I had that playing while I was in the shower. And just as I was lathering my hair (before rinsing and repeating, of course) a very special song came on. A song that really touched my heart. A song that I'm sure has touched hearts all across America, if not all across the world.
This song came on and I stopped my lathering. I laid my hands out in front of me. And I did a little something I like to call...
The Macarena
Yes. I Macarena-d in the shower. But not only did I do that, I STOPPED what I was doing to macarena!! (though I tried to rinse during the parts of the song it wasn't necessary for me to use my arms).
I macarena-d my little heart out. And it was fun. Good. Clean. Fun. (Get it?) I highy reccommend you try it. You'll feel better. You'll feel happier. You'll feel like you did when you were a kid. Ah, what fond memories. Remember that time when some one decided it was a good idea to make a song that no one understands 95% of the lyrics too? It's called Macarena. And it's time you dance:




And incase you aren't sure how to do it (cause they totally didn't even do it right in that first video.. amatures!):

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Heeey Macarena! I don't have music playing when I shower (other than in my head), but i did bust out a dance move the other day that would have made you proud: the double dice roll (with a criss cross dice release). i'll be sure to show you on sunday

Bren said...

Elsie....You are so AWESOME! I love you! Are we friends enough for me to say that? Oh well it is said now!! You Rock!!!