CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

She shoots, She. . .


You know that rule, "treat others as you would like to be treated"?
How many people actually do that? How many people when under stress, take the time to put themselves in the other persons shoes? How many people, when wronged, continue to act civilly towards those who wronged them?
It is too easy for people to get defensive, put their guard up and shut out any possibility of them having any part of the situation at hand sliding downhill. It is usually at this point where people begin to roll eyes, trash talk, call names, etc. I can not say I am not guilty. I am. And I don't like it one bit. So what am I going to do about it? I am making it my person goal to "be the change I wish to see in the world." It is my goal to treat others with respect and decency, despite how they might treat me. It is my goal to be an example.
I have carried this mindset for a while, and at times I do fail. Making it my personal goal is a way of moving that thought file to the front of the folder.
I am asking you, whoever you may be, to please keep me in check. I am also asking you to create your own goal that may, in one way or another, better you and the world we all live in.

1 John 4:11
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."

Matthew 5:44
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

1 comments:

Laura said...

i do heart your blogs elsie lou!! Keep it up!