CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

If you love it...

Last year I did something I really absolutely didn't want to do. I took a speech class. I hate public speaking. I hate having peoples attention on me. It weirds me out. But I didn't make my schedule so I had to take it.
The first speech I gave was about poop. I introduced a book entitled "Everybody Poops" because everybody does poop. Every one poops because everyone eats. Everyone eats because everyone grows. Everyone who grows also must live. To live, one must eat and as we just briefly covered - if you eat, you poop. And everyone poops... And once again leads to growth.
Aside from physical growth, there is also spiritual growth and personal growth. This kind of growth does not require soul food but rather food for the soul. It requires life experience. And while some people are perfectly content in the walls of life that contain them, this little bird isn't.
About 6 months ago I realized that it's time to get away. I began then to prepare for whatever my future may hold. I wasn't certain what that would be but I knew that it meant packing up my nest and unbinding my wings. I knew that the time had come to show my real wing span and fly south to start anew.
As well prepared flights often experience turbulence, I suspect I will as well. But I will continue on. I was very recently reminded to keep my faith and reliance in God and all will be well. Because when my wings get tired, I know that I will still be able to carry on.
There are a lot of birds left in the tree - mama birds, sister birds, brother birds, and friendly neighbor birds that sit huddled together waiting to see if I will fly or fall. Perhaps some of the anxious to see me go, some of the excited or nervous or scared. Some of them may not want me to go at all. But this little birds wings are cramped and sore. They need to spread and do what they were meant to do. They need to fly.
So to all the other birds out there - sitting in the nest, holding your breath out of anticipation, know that I will be ok. No matter what happens, I will be ok.
It is time that I say goodbye to all my loved ones. My little tree. My familiarity. It is time I pack up my nest and go. And as hard as it may be.
But as they say: If you love it...

(but it will come back again)


0 comments: