CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Anniversary

One year ago today, was a Sunday. It was a Sunday that I decided to go back to church. I decided to go alone, and not with any friends. It was a Sunday that led to many happy moments. A Sunday that led to many painful moments. It was a Sunday that in my heart I made a decision. It was the Sunday I rededicated my life to Christ.
I don't have to tell any one who's been around, that 2008 was a trying and painful year for me. It was. Through it all, I held on to that one moment that matters the most. The moment I made my decision to follow Christ. Though I was actually saved when I was about 12, I have definetely made a road map out of my walk with the Lord. And I definetly took the wheel and left Him at a few pit stops while I ventured the next town on my own. God is so gracious and merciful that when I came back, He was there, and He was forgiving.
There are a few lessons I have learned this year, and a few verses I have kept close. The first verse is 2 Thessalonians 3:16 "Now the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all"
The second is Luke 1:37 "For with God, nothing shall be impossible" - This is so true. Though I have many things in my life that prove this, I sometimes still let my doubts and fears take over. This verse keeps me in check. I have to remember: God will not leave me. If He got me here, He will get me through. And that's the truth.
Another verse I have been looking at is 1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear hear, neither hath entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." - I know God has great great things planned for my future and I am so excited to see what they are! I know if I continue to follow Him, He can use me and do truly wonderful things with my life. I am pumped!
Last year was jam packed full of learning. This year I have continued on with my growth in the Lord and am learning what a "personal" relationship with Christ is. I realized I had kept mine "professional" - which seems so silly because He knows me inside and out and I shouldn't feel afraid to go to some one who has been so forgiving towards repentence. Since realizing how I was treating my relationship, and altering it to an open and honest one, I have grown closer to my Lord and have seen a real relationship form.
I still have struggles or course, as everyone always will, but now I am standing on the otherside of the line and I know that it will all be ok. When the odds aren't looking good. When optimism seems a joke, I know that it's undercontrol. And I am protected under His wing.
"Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when the heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

0 comments: